Cloaked in the bluish-green hues, lie some resplendent Spanish islands, that are incomparably beautiful. It is an undeniable fact, that Spain is home to many beautiful islands, that are yet to be explored. These islands are equally bifurcated into the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands. With the exceptional beauty of crystal-clear water, glistening sand and pristine beaches, these islands boast about the fascinating Spanish culture. Visitors can explore adventurous fun activities and indulge in thrilling sports such as hiking, biking, diving and surfing. Check out the list of these best Islands in Spain for a dream-like vacation.
4 Balearic Island In Spain
The Balearic Island consists of a group of Spain’s most popular islands, that are celebrated among the best ones in Spain. The incredible thing about the Balearic Island is that all the beaches have a Mediterranean climate crafting surreal and picture-perfect imagery. If you are someone who dreams of plunging into glittering seas and roll over the sparkling sand, then your dream will surely come true here. Here is a list of sub island on Balearic Island.
Formentera is the smallest among all the Balearic Islands in Spain that is famous for its tranquil ambience. The island has many beaches, each with unique vistas formed by a blend of turquoise blue water and white sand, looking more like a printed image in a glossy magazine. Quite popular for the nude subband, Formentera is located in the south of Ibiza, admired for naked sunbathing on many of its pristine beaches. Like many other Islands in Spain, Formentera offers numerous adventure sports such as sailing and water snorkeling. Despite all the tranquil allure, there is modern magnetism, represented by various Spanish bars serving cocktails & mocktails around the coastline. You can find multiple romantic dining spots for sharing few moments enjoying magical sunsets.
- How to reach: Formentera can be reached via Ibiza. A short ferry ride can be takeb from ter with scheduled sailings at least every hour. There is another way skipping Ibiza and taking ferry from Denia to directly reach La Savina port, Formentera.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit the island is between March to June and September to November
- Beaches: Playa de Ses Illetes, Playa de Migjorn, Calo des Mort, Playa de Llevant, Cala en Baster, Playa Ses, Platgetes, Cala Saona
- Attraction: Sant Francesc Xavier, Beaches, Museu d’Etnografia de Formentera, Salines d’en Marroig
- Things to do: Adventure water sports, Explore the history, Visit the museum, Enjoy beach parties
- Accomodation: Blanco Hotel Formentera, Hotel Levante, Bungalows Es Pins – Formentera Vacaciones , Astbury Apartments Can Miguel Marti, Hotel & Spa Entre Pinos, Pinomar – Formentera Vacaciones
Suggested Read: Things To Do In Europe For Tourists: The Bucket List
One of the most famous places to visit in Spain, Ibiza is the talk among tourists for its warm days and happening nightclubs & bars contributing to making it to the world’s popular party destinations. The breathtaking beaches in Ibiza are perfect for spending an entire day. You can delve into Ibiza old town historic quarters, castles, cathedrals and dense laneways. Excursionists can check out bohemian-inspired stuff that includes housewares, plants, jewellery and clothes. You can also take a walk around the Harborfront promenade and hopping in the chic and sophisticated restaurants and bars.
- How to reach Ibiza: Take a flight to Ibiza Airport from the UK and Europe with a range of airlines. Ibiza being an island, does not include rail and road as the transit option.
- Best time to visit: The best time to travel to Ibiza is from late May to early October.
- Beaches: Cala d’Hort, Benirras beach, Playa d’en Bossa, Ses Salines beach, S’Argamassa beach
- Attractions: San Carlos, Santa Gertrudis de Fruitera, Santa Eulalia
- Things to do: Lounge on beaches, try seafood, Explore the market, visit cathedrals, Involve in adventure sports.
- Accommodation: Gran Hotel Montesol, Ibiza Hotel Mirador de Dalt Vila, Sir Joan Hotel, Hotel Náutico Ebeso, Hostal Residencia Molins Park
Mallorca, the largest Spanish island, is an amalgamation of everything that one can ask for on a vacation. Visitors can sail through the turquoise seas, local traditions and cultures, cosmopolitan jaunts and rustic escapes. It is among Spain’s most important islands given the high footfall it receives. Mallorca is believed to be the hottest out of all the Balearic Islands. Well, tired of leisure if you are searching for fun things to do in Spain, then Mallorca has a lot to offer, from adventure sport, exploring the culture, scanning the historical building to treating your taste buds with authenticity.
- How to reach Mallorca: To reach Mallorca, visitors can Take a flight directly to Palma de Mallorca Airport. From the larger cities of Spain, visitos can take a flight that will take them to the island withing 1 to 2 hours. They can also opt for the ferry services from the two main ports of the island that Is Denia and Valencia.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Mallorca is from March to May
- Beaches: Es Trenc, Cala Torta, Cala Sa Nau, Platja Es Trenc, Cala Figuera, Sa Calobra, Cala Varques, Cala Llombards
- Attractions: La Seu, Carthusian Monastry, gothic architecture
- Things to do: Yacht cruise , Hot air balloon , Jet skiing, Quad biking & cliff diving, Coasteering in Mallorca, Sea caving excursion.
- Accommodation: Agro Roquetav b Ecocirer, Finca S’Estelrica
Suggested Read: Best Things To Do In Switzerland For An Unwinding Swiss Holiday
Menorca Island has a biosphere reserve designated by UNESCO for three decades, so the aim is to keep tourism at a sustainable level while maintaining the environment. One of the best Honeymoon destinations in the world, Menorca has calm weather, romantic vibes with secluded beaches and coves. Visitors can also experience adventure sports such as kayaking, paddle boats and try different cuisines at the beachfront restaurants. Couples can grab the opportunity to walk or cycle through calming landscapes. If you are a history buff, there are many stone monuments and historical buildings to check out.
- How to reach: To reach Menorca, visitors can Take a direct flight from the larger cities of Spain, visitors can take a flight that will take them to the island withing 1 to 2 hours. They can also opt for the ferry services from the two main ports of the island that Is Denia and Valencia.
- Best time to visit: The best time to go to Menorca is May-June or September-October
- Beaches: Cala Pregonda,Cala Escorxada, Cala Presili, Es Talaier, Cala Pilar, Cavalleria, Cala Turqueta, Binigaus, La Vall
- Attractions: Mahon Port, Lithica, Binibeca Vell, Cap de Cavalleria, Puerto de Ciutadella, Cala del Pilar
- Things to do: Sailing, visiting cala Galdana, kayaking along the coast, snorkeling via sea scooter, jet ski adventure explore Catedral de Santa maria de Ciutadella
- Accommodation: Cala Bona y Mar Blava , Hotel Casa Miranda, Calma Hotel, Lago Resort Menorca – Suites del Lago Adults Only, hotel in Cala’n Bosch, Hotel Gran Sagitario, Can Araya
Suggested Read: Top 18 Places To Visit In Peru For Your Next Big Vacation
5 Best Canary Island In Spain
Canary island is known to be the best among all the holiday islands in the world. It is a proven fact that this off coast’s Spanish island is claimed to have the most amazing climate throughout the year in Spain. The climate and environment suites almost everyone on an excursion. For startling a Spanish holiday, check this list of the best Canary Islands. These islands offer diverse landscapes to explore, along with recreational fun at water parks, beaches and other historical buildings.
To make the most of a day while enjoying the islandish extravaganza and outdoor activities, you can head towards the pretty Fuerteventura Island in Spain. This island is a must-visit place, especially, for those looking for an adrenaline rush, as it offers heart-pumping wind and kite surfing experience. Visitors can find everything they are looking for, starting from good fine dining experiences, street shopping, adventures in waterpark and pretty chilled out night outs.
- How to reach: Take a flight directly till the Fuerteventura or there are ferry services available to reach the canary islands.
- Best time to visit: The perfect time to visit the island is the month of May while in April the island is quite crowded due to Easter.
- Beaches: Ajuy beach, Baja Gomez beach, Bajo Negro beach, Barloventro beach, Beach Caleta De Beatriz, Calera De Fuste, Caleta Del Marrajo, Casa De Joros beach
- Attractions: Monumento Natural de Ajuy, Ecomuseo de la Alcogida, Ermita de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe, Centro Comercial Atlantico Fuerteventura, Plage de El Castillo, scorcio della spiaggia, Puertido de Los Molinos Playa Los Lagos
- Things to do: Walking, Diving, Boating, Kayaking and Horse riding.
- Accommodation: INNSiDE by Meliá Fuerteventura, Hotel Cooee Taimar, Hotel Boutique La Marquesina, Barceló Corralejo Sands , Barceló Castillo Royal Level
The island has a pretty vast approach when it comes to welcoming tourists. It includes all-inclusive accommodations and resorts apart from ample glazing sand, calm beaches and jagged peaks. No wonder Gran Canaria is charted as one of the most diversified destinations in Europe as it is one of the major islands of the Canary archipelago marked as one of the best places to visit in Spain.
- How to reach gran canary island: You can get around the Canary Islands by ferry or plane. The easiest way is to approach Gran Canaria International Airport. While for local commutation local bus services can be used as there is no other connectivity available.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit the island is March – May & October – November.
- Beaches: Maspalomas, Playa Las Canteras, Puerto Rico Beach, Playa de las Alcaravaneras, Anfi del Mar, Playa de Amadores, Gui Gui, Playa del Inglés, Playa de Mogán
- Attractions: Puerto de Mogán, Dunes of Maspalomas, Maspalomas Lighthouse, Guayadeque Ravine, Village of Agüimes, Degollada de la Yegua Lookout, Fataga
- Things to do: Boat Trip, Snorkeling, Camel Riding, Dolphin and Whale Watching, Volcano Hiking and Winery Tour
- Accommodation: Radisson Blu Mogan, Hotel Cordial Mogán Playa, Meliá Tamarindos, Cordial Mogán Valle
Spread over a total area of more than 2000 square km, Tenerife Island is the biggest of Canary Island with the highest population. Every year the island has a footfall of more than 5.5 million, moreover Tenerife host a very popular carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. While you are there, you can explore the very famous city of Laguna, which houses the world heritage site, and the oldest university of Archipelago, known as the University of La laguna. For convenient transportation Tenerife Island of Spain homes two airports.
- How to reach: To reach Tenerife Island, tourists can choose from the two options that are via sea or via air. They can directly reach the Tenerife South Airport or Port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, and from there they can connect to the react of the island via local transport of personal conveyance.
- Best time to visit: The months of May till June
- Beaches: Benijo, Bollullo, Las Teresitas beach, El Médano beach, La Tejita beach, Masca beach, Playa Jardín, Tamadite beach
- Attractions: Volcan El Teide, Siam Park, Loro Parque, Playa del Duque, patio van de Mercado, Parque Rural de Anaga
- Things to do: Visit Palmetum, Biking, Sighseeing, Kayaking, Boating, Explore the culture and traditions
- Accommodation: Gran Melia Palacio de Isor, Spring Hotel Vulcano, Hotel Jardin Tropical, Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur
Nestled in the west of Tenerife Island, the Le Palma in Spain gives visitors an opportunity to explore deserted beaches, stunning volcanoes, and extraordinary landscapes without much chaos. Since it is an integral part of Canary Island, the temperature doesn’t reflect many variations. Thus, it is a smooth escape from the harsh winters of Europe. If you are searching for places to visit in October, this could be your dream destination that provides everything required for a perfect vacation.
- How to reach: The quickest and easiest way to reach La Palma Island is by aircraft. Tourists can take a direct flight to Aeropuerto de La Palma.
- Best time to visit: For visiting La Palma the ideal time is from May to mid-October.
- Beaches: Playa nueva at dusk, Playa De Los Cancajos, La Playa de Charco Verde, Playa Echentive, Playa de Los Guirres, Puerto Trigo, Playa La Veta
- Attractions: Roque de Los Muchachos, Caldera de Taburiente, Balcones de la avenida Maritima, Calle O’Daly, Bosque de Los Tilos, Volcano Route, Hafen Santa Cruz de La Palma
- Things to do: Biking, Hiking, Running, Trekking, Climbing, Paragliding, Diving
- Accommodation: otel Las Olas, Los Cancajos
Known as one of the best surfing spots in Europe, the Lanzarote paradise island is the fourth biggest, island in the Canary Islands. Like many other islands, Lanzarote’s agriculture and tourism contribute a big hand to the economy. There are many things to do on Canary Island, if you are close to nature, then you can travel to the national park, or for a family getaway, explore the renowned theme park in Lanzarote. Visitors cann also explore the endemic fauna like the Canarian Egyptian vulture and Gallotia lizards which is very rare to find.
- How to reach: Tourists can directly reach the Arrecife Airport, and from ther they can connect withing, via public or pesonal transport.
- Best time to visit: September and October are great months to visit the island.
- Beaches: Papagayo Beach, Playa de Famara, Playa Flamingo, Playa de Montaña Roja, Playa de las Conchas, Caletón Blanco, Caleta del Mojón Blanco, Playa La Francesa
- Attractions: San José Castle, Los Clicos Pond, Atlantic Museum, the Timanfaya Devil, The Racho Texas Park
- Things to do: Visit theme parks, Explore the museum, Adventure sports, Shop at local market.
- Accommodation: H10 Suites Lanzarote Gardens, Oasis Lanz Beach Mate, La Cala Suites Hotel , Los Lirios Hotel Rural , Hotel Lava Beach, Finca Isolina Hotel Boutique
Hopefully this article has been of help to all those who are on research of searching places to visit in Europe. In Spain all the islands have a unique charm than will complete your vacation in the best way possible. Plan a trip with your friends or family and enjoy the beauty of Spanish delights. The islands and beaches in Balearic and canary island have always been the hot topic among the excursionist, but these islands have more than just water and sand. There islands offer amazing historic sights, mountains, museum, clubs and restaurants serving best food. Check out the list of these amazing Islands in Spain, and plan out a journey of life time memory.
Q1. How many Islands are there on Balearic Island?
There are four main islands in the Balearic Islands, namely Ibiza, Mallorca, Formentera, and Menorca.
Q2. Which is the best beach on Mallorca Island?
There are many beaches in Mallorca, but Es Trenc, Cala Torta and Cala Sa Nau are considered to be the best beaches.
Q3. What is the best time to visit Le Palma Island?
The Best time to visit is between September and October.
Q4. What are the places that I can explore in Gran Canaria?
Here is a list of few places that your can explore in Gran Canaria:
- Puerto de Mogán
- Dunes of Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Lighthouse
- Guayadeque Ravine
- Village of Agüimes
- Degollada de la Yegua Lookout
Q5. Is there anything to do in Formentera Island?
Formentera Island is a very fun place to be, visitors here can enjoy Adventure water sports, explore the history, Visit the museum, Enjoy beach parties and a lot more.
Q6. How can I reach Ibiza Island?
To reach Ibiza, you can take a flight to Ibiza Airport from the UK and Europe with a range of airlines. Ibiza being an island, does not include rail and road as the transit option.
Q7. Is it safe to travel to Spain?
Yes, it is safe to travel to Spain, the island nation has a pretty strict security administration.
Q8. Is there any airport in Fuerteventura?
Yes, there is an airport in Fuerteventura, which is known as El Matorral